Join us & become a Member!
If you’re interested in the Combined Charging System and you are willing to contribute to its ongoing development, we’d love you to join us! We’re always looking for new members to facilitate and accelerate the adoption of the CCS standards throughout the world. In this section, you’ll find plenty of information about the benefits of membership, the member categories, and the application process.
Here’s an overview of just some of the advantages that await you when you become a member of the CharIN association.
- Receive interoperability information direct from the source
- Share information with global members on technology, marketing and other topics
- Participate in support of international CCS system standards
- Build more innovative products with no technical limits to the system standard
- Help define requirements for the charging standards of the future
- Benefit from close collaboration between all members on CCS standard specifications
- Share information and communications openly – CharIN is not a closed shop
- Help accelerate worldwide adoption of the CCS standard
- Benefit from targeted, market-oriented marketing strategies developed as a team
- Support the development of cooperation and partnership strategies
- Increase visibility with coordinated event management, e.g. joint fairs
CharIN was founded by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Mennekes, Opel, Phoenix Contact, Porsche, TÜV SÜD and Volkswagen. And we’re encouraging companies with an interest in electric vehicle charging – such as power utilities and charging equipment manufacturers as well as carmakers – to join us. We all have an interest in boosting the adoption of the Combined Charging System standard!
Documents concerning the Association (incl. Membership)
These are translations for your convenience and not legally binding. The legally binding documents are the German versions “Satzung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (*) and “Beitragsordnung des Charging Interface Initiative e. V.” (**).
Successful CharIN meeting with Indonesian Gaikindo
This February the CharIN Asia coordination office had an interactive meeting with Gaikindo (The Indonesian Association of Automotive Industry) which was held in its Jakarta office. The Gaikindo representatives organised this event and all its members with an interest in electric vehicles were...
The Indio German Working Group on Automotive discussed collaboration in the e-mobility sector during the Indian Auto Expo
The Indo German Working Group on Automotive conducted a discussion with German Industry and Indian government officials on the 9th of February 2018 at the Indian Auto Expo 2018. The working group includes representatives of the German and Indian Automobile industries and has been working to...